Holiday season is here! We’re all travelling, meeting family and friends and above all having sunny brunches, hi teas and cocktail nights. The joy of travel is compounded by the lovely eats we get to have on our trips across the beaten tracks. I am sharing here some of our memorable dining and drinking experiences, through my Flickr stream, (most of the pictures here are from our recent trips, although Dubai is an amazing haven of delicious and ambient eating places that i have to share as well albeit a bit later). This one here features-
1. My favorites restaurants from Ubud, in Bali, Indonesia- Relaxing and hospitable Kayun in Village Mas, The picturesque Lotus Cafe and lonely planet recommended Nomad- a lovely Balinese Tapa Bar!
2. A little nameless shack at the Naddi sunset point in McLoedGanj, Himachal India- a scenic spot where we ate steaming dimsums with mint tea!!!
3. The heady wine tasting experience at Neethlingshof Vineyards in Stellenbosch, South Africa– perfect!
I have also put together a gallery of pictures of favorite restaurants posted by various people across this world, have a dekko! And feel free to tell us more about them,if you have been to these or share some new ones!
The ones featured in the Flickr gallery are:
1. Aquarium in Point Salines, Grenada, St Georges (an Spice island somewhere in the caribbeans!!)
2. Bua, Thai Restaurant and Bar, 17th & P st. NW, Washington DC
3. Doe’s Eat Place – Little Rock, Arkansas
4. Belvedre Restaurant, Holland Park, London
5. Ehl-i-Keyf in Kas, Lycian Coast, Turkey
6. Odos Oneriron, Appolonia, Sifnos, Greece
7. Harbour House, Kalk Bay Harbour, Cape Town, South Africa
8. Peking Gourmet Restaurant, Falls Church, Virginia, USA
9. I Golosi – An Italian place in Paris
10. Cubanikas serving Cuban food in Juneau Town, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
If you have been to a favorite a restaurant, a cafe, a pub or a club and would like to recommend it- do share with us!
Tell us where you’ve been and if we go what do we eat! It will be great if you share a little anecdote/experience that made it even more memorable- we will bookmark them in our travel diaries and maybe send you a hi five if we get there!